top image


Personal Budgets for Special Educational Needs

If a child already has a Statement. Will they have an EHC needs assessment?

By April 2018 local authorities will transition Statements of Special Educational Need to EHCP’s. When this happens for a child, an EHCP review will take place.

The review must include an EHC needs assessment as previously described. You, the child or the young person must be invited to a meeting as part of this transfer review.

The Local Authority must ask for advice from the professionals working with the child unless there is report/advice already available, that is sufficient and has the information needed. You, the Local Authority and the other professionals who wrote the report must agree the information is recent, still describes the child’s needs and be focused on outcomes.

If you all do not agree the report is sufficient, the Local Authority must gather more information and advice. Please contact us if you need help with your transition review.




Previous PageLeaflet Index Page