top image


Personal Budgets for Special Educational Needs

What happens if the local authority decides that an EHC needs assessment is not necessary?

The Local Authority must tell you why it thinks that an EHC needs assessment is not needed and they must tell you about:

The Local authority should also give you feedback collected during the assessment. In Norfolk this is called a record of analysis.

If you do not agree with this decision you can discuss this with the EHCP coordinator, whose name will be on the letter from the Local Authority. You can also discuss this with the mediation service and you can call us, Norfolk SEND Partnership IASS on 01603 704070. For more information you can look at our booklet ‘what if we do not agree’.

You can also appeal this decision to the First Tier Tribunal (SEND) but you have to consider mediation first.

KIDS SEND Mediation and Disagreement Resolution Service
03330 062 835


Previous PageLeaflet Index PageNext Page