top image


What if I do not agree with decisions about SEN Provision

School/College Concerns First steps

The first step is to talk to their Teacher, Head Teacher or to the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo). Ask for a meeting at the school/college and discuss your concerns.

If you think the school is doing all it can but your child needs even more help, you can ask the Local Authority for an EHC needs assessment. Please see our booklet on EHC needs assessments, this is on our website.

If you have concerns and your child has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) you can also contact your EHCP Co-ordinator.

Norfolk SEND Partnership IASS at any point can:

If you think that the school or college could do more, you can complain using their complaints procedure. You can visit their website or ask for their complaints procedure. You need to:

It might be helpful to ask a friend or relative to attend a meeting with you. It is a good idea to keep notes or have records of what the school has done and has told you.


Leaflet Index PageNext Page