top image


Education, Health and Care Plans

How will I be involved?

The SEND Code of Practice says:

Local Authorities must consult the child and the child’s parent or the young person throughout the process of assessment and production of an EHCP. (9.21)


Reviews must be undertaken in partnership with the child and their parent or the young person, and must take account of their views, wishes and feelings, including their right to request a personal budget. (9.168)

Your views, and your child’s views, are really important. The Local Authority, school or college should help you take part and involve you in decision making. If you would like help to do this please contact Norfolk SEND Partnership IASS for impartial advice and support. We can also give you information on other sources of help, and on what to do if you do not feel that your views have been considered



Previous PageLeaflet Index PageNext Page