top image


Education, Health and Care Plans

Can I request a particular school?

The law says that parents or the young person has a right to request that a particular school, college or other institution is named in the EHCP. The Local Authority must agree to this request unless:

You can find out more about your rights to request a particular school or college in the SEND Code of Practice sections 9.78 to 9.90.

When you receive the draft plan you will have 15 days to say which school you would like named and make any comments. This is an ideal time to discuss and request any changes to be made.

Previous PageLeaflet Index PageNext Page