top image


Education, Health and Care Plans


The Local Authority is responsible for ensuring that the special educational needs set out in the EHCP are met and that the special educational provision is made, whatever their funding arrangements or agreements with other service providers.

All young people with an EHCP and all parents of children with an EHCP can ask for a Personal Budget.

Sections 9.110 to 9.118 of the SEND Code of Practice tell you more about what can be included in a Personal Budget.

The SEND Code of Practice says:

A Personal Budget is an amount of money identified by the local authority to deliver provision set out in an EHCP where the parent or young person is involved in securing that provision.

Norfolk SEND Partnership IASS can give you more information on local funding arrangements and on Personal Budgets, including Direct Payments. You can also download our Personal Budgets booklet.

You can also find information on funding and personal budgets on Norfolk’s Local Offer at


Previous PageLeaflet Index PageNext Page